when the kids are behaving exactly like the parents. Not that it really surprises me, but it does have its own chuckle factor:
“WASHINGTON (AP) – The homeland security chief on Saturday tore into his own employees for staging a phony news conference at the Federal Emergency Management Agency. “I think it was one of the dumbest and most inappropriate things I’ve seen since I’ve been in government,” Michael Chertoff said.“I have made unambiguously clear, in Anglo-Saxon prose, that it is not to ever happen again and there will be appropriate disciplinary action taken against those people who exhibited what I regard as extraordinarily poor judgment,” he added.”
Anglo-Saxon prose, eh? Fuck you Chertoff, you shitbag fuckwit goddamn Bush administration mouthpiece and douchebag. How’s that for unambiguously clear, Anglo-Saxon prose?
It doesn’t strike me as the dumbest and most inappropriate thing I’ve ever seen in government. After all, there’s:
- – the actual FEMA and Homeland Security response to Hurricane Katrina
- – the invasion of Iraq (and yes, it was an invasion)
- – George W. Bush in general
- – damn near anything Dick Cheney does on a daily basis, whether or not it’s classified.
- – all those canned news spots issued by a private PR firm under a contract by the federal government on the Medicare drug benefit plan – the one with the fake reporter.
It just goes to show the real point Orwell made in 1984: totalianism in the future is the result of basically stupid, ignorant, know-nothing people that we allow to ooze into positions of responsibility.