Frontier Former Editor

February 2, 2010

More reasons why Walmart must be eliminated from the face of the earth

Conversation between me and a Walmart employee about two weeks ago, between snows . . .

Me to Walmart employee: “Do you have any snow shovels?”

Walmart employee: “We’re out.”

Me: “Are you geting any more in?”

Walmart employee: “No. They’re a seasonal item.”

Me: “But it’s still winter for a month and a half.”

Walmart employee: “There’s no demand for them after winter.”

At this point, there are two responses roiling in my mind . . .

Me, talking in my mind: “You f***ing moron, it’s still winter!”

Me, opening my mouth: “Never mind.”

About these ads

12 Comments »

  1. This is how I feel when I go to a store to buy a garment and the ones available are suitable for the weather three months down the road, because, as you know, in the womens’ clothing business Spring starts in January.

    No wonder I dress in guy clothes and shop on the Net.

    Comment by sledpress — February 3, 2010 @ 8:10 pm

  2. I admire your controlled response

    Comment by nursemyra — February 6, 2010 @ 4:05 am

  3. Just imagine what would have happened to that employee had the employee actually tried to remedy the problem for you?

    Comment by zeusiswatching — February 7, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

  4. Reminds me of the other day when the guy at the supermarket told me the reason they always run out of fresh milk (as opposed to boxed UHT crap) is because it spoils too quickly to get enough in.

    I also just said “never mind” and walked away…

    Comment by azahar — February 8, 2010 @ 2:29 am

  5. In the same vein, you can’t find a swimsuit that fits after Memorial Day. The difference between WalMart (and other big chains) and the retail industry we grew up with is that it is now all about them and their profits. It is no longer about the individual customer. It is all about the 70% of customers who will buy a snow shovel during a specific window of time to guarantee all inventory will be sold at maximum efficiency and profit. Screw the other 30%, because serving them isn’t as profitable.

    Comment by Miss Cellania — February 13, 2010 @ 8:48 am

  6. Sehr geEhrter Senor Fronty

    Nice to see you returning with your wonted fire and enthusiasm

    An understandable flustration and an admirable self-restraint, so unlike our Dear Leader (allegedly) in the UK

    …. but I wonder

    Would your feelings change, if the Walmart employee had been named Junior Frontierson who was facing unemployment if Walmart went into bankruptcy

    Comment by geagleesq — February 23, 2010 @ 12:16 pm

  7. Herr Adler,

    I would hope my son picked up just enough intellectual capability to merley apologize for the oversight in inventory and whisper other venues where such a device could be obtained.

    Comment by Frontier Former Editor — February 23, 2010 @ 11:14 pm

  8. Ok, but if you shop at Walmart you can still save $500 per year according to the commercial. The savings come from stuff you don’t (or can’t because they don’t have it in stock) buy.

    Comment by Carmy — March 9, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

  9. Yet another reason why I don’t shop at Wally World. Well, that and the fact that they haven’t spread their nastiness to downtown cores yet, and it would take an hour’s bus ride to get to one.

    Always low wages, always.

    Comment by silverstar98121 — April 17, 2010 @ 9:25 pm

  10. Walmart – when it absolutely has to be undersold at a loss and with no restock or product support.

    Comment by Frontier Former Editor — April 18, 2010 @ 6:59 am

  11. Walmart, what’s a Walmart? Is that a place that sells walls?
    :)

    Comment by Stiletto — June 12, 2010 @ 11:36 pm

  12. Hi, I really enjoyed visiting your site and reading the interesting articles and comments that are posted here. Nice job, keep up the good work. :-)

    Comment by childrens halloween costumes — September 8, 2011 @ 12:20 am


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

The Silver is the New Black Theme. Blog at WordPress.com.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: